SopCast is a simple, free way to broadcast video and audio or watch the video and listen to radio on the Internet. Adopting P2P(Peer-to-Peer) technology, It is very efficient and easy to use. Let anyone become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server and vast bandwidth. You can build your own TV stations comparable with large commercial sites with minimal resources. Using SopCast, you can serve 10,000 online users with a personal computer and a home broadband connection.
SoP is the abbreviation for Streaming over P2P. Sopcast is a Streaming Direct Broadcasting System based on P2P. The core is the communication protocol produced by Sopcast Team, which is named sop://, or SoP technology.
- State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
- Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
- Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
- Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
- Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
- Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
- Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
- Support for loop file playing.
- Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load.
- Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
- Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
- Record the clips when you are watching it.
- Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
- Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
- Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
- End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
- Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server. Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
- The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
- The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.
- Freeware, not ad/spy ware.
Nowadays, all services provided on www.sopcast.com/www.sopcast.cn/www.sopcast.references.tv are totally free. You can download all software listed below freely.
All channels shown on SopCast are published by users and only for test purpose.
All downloads (include SopPlayer and SopServer) and channel list can be copied and distributed freely for anyone. Any portion of these may not be sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by SopCast.
Totally Free - Download Here:
- Just for emissions by law -
> SopCast 3.5.0 for Windows <
- Improved the data transfer performance.
- Fixed a bug that channel will not start automatically if auto login enabled.
- Added Bulgarian language(thanks to safegard at abv.bg, vdwind at abv.bg)
> SopCast 3.4.8 for Windows <
- Broadcast a channel without user and channel registeration.
-Fixed a bug that will crash client when playing H.264 channels.
> SopCast 3.2.4 All-in-One for Windows <
SopPlayer include 4 component, SopPlayer, SopServer, VoD and WebPlay.
SopPlayer for viewer, SopServer for broadcaster, VoD provides movies over P2P, and WebPlayer for web viewer.
This file includes all the 4 component.
> SopCast 3.0.3 Webplayer for Internet Explorer <
Unlike SopPlayer, SopCast WebPlayer can not run solely.
It's just an ActiveX plugin for web browser, you have to embed it on your web page to play channels of SopCast.
> SopCast 3.2.6 Commandline Version for Linux <
Please read the Readme file in this package, about the usage and library dependency.
> SopCast SopFilter 3.0.3 <
SopFilter is a plugin for Windows Media Player (WMP).
With SopFilter you can watch SopCast channels by WMP directly.
It also simplifies your experience to embed channels to your web page.